FIBRE LASER CUTTING CREATING BUZZ
Fibre laser cutting is causing a buzz at trade shows around the world in 2016。
In spite of the technology having been around for over a decade.
With a combination of reliability, performance and cost efficiency, fiber laser cutting machineis increasing in demand.
As industries realiZe the benefits and reality of this technology.
What is fibre laser cutting?
Fibre laser is a thermal process for cutting metal by focusing a lens at high power on a very small area.
Fibre laser cutting uses solid state lasers created through optical fibres pumped with diodes to create a solid gain medium.
High power lasers focuses onto the surface of the metal we cut.
And the energy is then absorbed into the surface of material.
We convert this energy into heat, which vaporises or melts the metal.
Advantages of fibre laser cutting
- Fibre laser cutters have fewer components and no gas consumables, so they require virtually no maintenance
- Fibre laser cutting is over 80% more efficient than CO2 laser cutting systems
- Operating costs are lower than CO2 laser cutting because fibre laser cutting machines use around one-third of the energy
- Fibre laser cutter offers great accuracy in all metal cutting. Since there are no beam diversions, with fibre laser cutter, you get precise, clean cuts each time
- The laser light source has a longer life expectancy than that of a CO2 laser
- Reflective materials, such as brass, aluminium and copper, can all be easily cut with fibre laser without worrying about back reflections.
Fiber laser cutting machine has evolved significantly in the past few years .
And is slowly establishing itself in the metal fabricating industry.
There have been significant improvements in fiber laser cutter quality and speed.
Particularly in regards to thicker materials.
They point towards fiber laser cutting machine playing a bigger role in sheet metal cutting in the future.